A multinational Banking Institution are recruiting for a Head of Compliance for their Irish operations. The Head of Compliance will be responsible for enabling the Board to ensure that it complies with its regulatory and internal compliance policy requirements and for conducting any liaison required with the Central Bank of Ireland and Data Protection Commission.
Key Responsibilities of the Head of Compliance:
- Lead the conduct risk agenda across the business in partnership with the Board of Directors;
- Manage the 2nd Line of Defence Compliance team ensuring the timely and accurate delivery of the team's functional responsibilities;
- Manage all correspondence, reporting and other contact with the Central Bank of Ireland and Data Protection Commission;
- Assist with regulatory due diligence and integration on acquisitions and the assessment of applicable regulations in relation to new products and jurisdiction, in each case, on request and as capacity may permit;
- Build a culture which promotes focused delivery through people engagement, development and empowerment;
- Develop an engaging culture which attracts, develops and retains people, through open, honest engagement and empowerment;
- Inspire people to achieve results consistently and in a way that enhances the reputation of the business; ensure that your team are appropriately qualified, experienced and trained to perform their roles and responsibilities;
- Develop relationships with key internal and external stakeholders to ensure effective and efficient service delivery;
- In consultation and collaboration with other Governance & Control functions and the wider business, develop policies, procedures, templates and/or guidance notes (as appropriate) that effectively manage risk whilst enabling efficient service delivery and continually enhance the function.
The Head of Compliance will have a proven record as a Head of Funtion or as a Senior Compliance Manager in the banking industry. Detailed understanding of conduct risk and Irish code requirements; experience implementing conduct risk frameworks in a regulated environment will be an advantage.
If you are a Compliance professional considering a move, please don't hesitate to contact Donal Whelan at Lincoln Recruitment Specialists. Our Compliance team recruit for Compliance roles across all levels of the Financial Services sector; Head of Compliance, Compliance Manager, Compliance Officer, Compliance Advisor, MLRO, AML Manager, AML Officer, Regulatory Analyst.