Financial Reporting Accountant– Insurance
- Dublin City Centre
- Fixed Term Contract - 12 months (with a view to permanency)
- Salary: 60k – 65k plus a comprehensive benefits package
Our client, a well know financial services company, are seeking to recruit a Financial Reporting Accountant. The successful candidate will be a key member of the Reporting Team responsible for the entities within our clients remit. This role will offer a lot of variety and responsibility. For anyone looking to make a move and add value then this is an excellent opportunity.
- Preparation and review of monthly group consolidated accounts to strict deadlines.
- Monitoring of developments in accounting standards and implementation of changes to policies, processes, and controls to ensure continued compliance with accounting standards and other relevant reporting guidelines.
- Coordinate the preparation of Quarterly QRTs for submission to the CBI and provide relevant commentary for Board/Audit Committee
- Reporting quarterly group consolidated forecast against budget, incorporating Board reporting with detailed analysis of drivers of individual business unit variances.
- Upload group individual and consolidated budgets for reporting and reconcile to the approved Group's Strategic Plan.
- Preparation of Financial Statements of all group entities.
- Support the strategic planning process for Finance Division
- Ongoing liaising with all key stakeholder groups including business units to resolve accounting issues arising.
- Pro-active approach to ongoing system and process development to reflect Management Information requirements and changing and evolving needs.
- Preparation of various disclosure requirements in the Group's Interim Results and the Group Annual Report.
- Liaising with external auditors to facilitate their review of interim and year end Group consolidation including relevant notes to the financial statements.
- Anticipate and plan for the implementation of new accounting standards.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Qualified ACA, ACCA with at least 3 years’ experience PQE within Insurance
- Target driven with proven ability in working to tight reporting deadlines.
- Proven ability to build and maintain strong interpersonal relationships with internal and external stakeholders at different levels
- Proactive and self driven with proven leadership skills
Should you feel you have the required skills to undertake this position, please contact Clíona Lyons to discuss further on 00353 1 661 0444 or clyons(@)lincoln.ie