On behalf of our client in the public sector, we are recruiting for a Management Accountant to work in an Autonomous Finance Business Partnering Role
This is initially a 6 month contract with likelihood for longer term also.
The main responsibilities of this role center around ensuring the business has in place a robust Financial Planning and Financial Performance Management & Assurance which limits possible overruns and ensuring ensuring management at all Levels have access to the necessary financial management information & support to assist them in achieving their fiduciary responsibilities.
You will have responsibility in managing the month end reporting, forecasting, the Annual Estimates process, and annual Budgeting cycle, by providing analysis on the performance of multiple divisions, and by fostering compliance with financial processes, procedures and controls.
- Provide financial, strategic and operational support and advice.
- Provide reports, attending key meetings and escalating risks and issues as required
- Provide advice, support and assessment to management in respect of the financial performance of Divisions against budget;
- Review, assess and provide financial commentary and variance analysis on performance; identify the reasons behind and contribute towards the development of remedial action plans, where appropriate.
- Contribute to the monthly National Management accounting / Performance Reporting process through the development of timely and accurate reports
- Support the regular financial projections/forecasting processes with particular emphasis on year-end management.
- Support the Estimates, Budgeting and Year end Processes.
- Membership of a recognised or prescribed accountancy body such as ACCA, CPA, ACMA, CIMA, ACA or equivalent
- Relevant senior post-qualification experience in a large organisation with multiple stakeholders to include a proven track record of influencing senior stakeholders to ensure financial consequences are taken into account.
- Significant experience of forecasting, budgeting, preparation of monthly management accounts and variance analysis
- Significant experience of preparation, reporting, analysing and manipulating large volumes of financial data and producing reports
Apply now to be considered for this position