Senior Payroll Specialist - Dublin West
Lincoln Recruitment have been retained to recruit on behalf of our client, based in City West, and are seeking applications for an experienced Payroll Specialist for an initial 6 month Fixed Term Contract
The primary objective of this role is to review the current payroll process and make it more efficient.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensure full-cycle payroll processing in a timely and accurate manner, on a weekly basis, in accordance with government legislation and company policy.
- Address all queries, exceptions and be the main point of contact for all payroll matters
- Utilise current IT systems to automate all administrative processes from a Payroll perspective and explore the possibility of outsourcing the function.
- Ensure that payroll process is efficient and accurate and at all times implement efficiencies
- Ensure that monthly and yearly local tax payments and compliance requirements are met (P30’s, P45’s, P60’s & P35’s CSO reports)
- Validate all payrolls at summary and individual employee levels before approval for payment to Finance
- Support audits of payroll processes and audit outcomes
- Co-ordinate payments to benefits providers such as health insurers and administrators of such schemes as pension, VHI & Risk schemes
- Maintain and take ownership for the HR and Time and Attendance system
- Complete payroll reports weekly as required for finance/HR, including GTN and net pay reports.
- Manage and implement the BIK process for Health Insurance & Company Car in line with Revenue guidelines and company guidelines.
- Prepare analysis of payroll and employee costs
- Assist with the administration of the various employee benefit plans
- Any other duties that may be assigned
QUALIFICATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS REQUIRED:
- 3rd level and/or professional qualification in a payroll-related discipline (e.g. Accounting Technician, IPASS, Institute of Taxation)
- 3 – 5 years’ experience working in a similar environment is essential
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office essential. Knowledge of Excel pivot tables and relevant functions (e.g. VLOOKUP) essential
- Strong customer service
- Proactive and capable of working on own initiative
- Comprehension of Irish employment law and payroll related tax matters
- Excellent knowledge of payroll processes and reporting
- Proficient user of the Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel.
- Experience in using Quantum would be an advantage
- Experience in a TMS is an advantage
- Excellent Attention to detail, payroll needs to be completed in an accurate fashion
- Continuous Improvement – Ability to suggest and implement process efficiencies
- Communication – ability to communicate within all areas of the business and at all levels
- Collaborative – ability to work at all levels of the organisation to implement the payroll agenda
- Driven – Has the ambition to get things done but at all times working in a collaborative nature
- Proactive/ Thinks outside box – comes forward new ways to do things and a proposal on the plan on implementing.