Job Location South Dublin
Consultant Owen Thomas
Posted 22 December 2017
General Manager/Head of Operations – Manufacturing
Our client is a leading provider of home products to the domestic and international markets. As the business moves into a period of sustained growth they are seeking to appoint a highly motivated and talented individual for the General Manager position.
We are looking for a highly driven individual that will give guidance and direction to all key operations managers and supervisors. Additionally, you will…
- Ensure business unit goals are met by establishing sales and manufacturing goals, policies and procedures as well as ensuring that all department heads are accountable to achieve these results
- Lead the firms effort to be the innovative market leader by driving unsurpassed services and applications into production to meet the needs and exceed the expectations of the customer
- Ensure effective operations by monitoring results, comparing actual performance to established standards and taking appropriate action to forestall or correct problem situations revealed through operating results
- Ensure the profitability by directing and monitoring activities to achieve a satisfactory operation and growth performance as measured in terms of return on investment, profit margins, manufacturing and labor costs and increased sales volume
- Ensure sound financial position by overseeing the development of annual operating budgets of costs and expenses and collaborate in the development and presentation of strategic plans, long range plans and annual operating plans
- Ensure a safe working environment by directing all matters related to personal health and safety of employees and of the environment
- Develop and maintain plant human resources capable of achieving objectives through appropriate structuring, staffing, developing, appraising and rewarding of personnel
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Engineering, Operations Management or some other degree relevant to the business
- 10 years of proven leadership performance (progressive positions of responsibility) in a manufacturing environment
- Proven track record in lean manufacturing principles including standard work, continuous improvement, problem resolution and delivery of results positively affecting the bottom line of the organization
- Must be a person of passion and integrity who has the drive to excel and deliver exceptional results
To discuss this role further please contact Owen Thomas on 016610444 or firstname.lastname@example.org
About Lincoln Recruitment Specialists
Lincoln Recruitment Specialists are an industry leader in talent selection in the Irish market. We help candidate’s access high impact careers across our specialist areas: Accounting & Finance, Legal & Compliance, Banking & Financial Services, IT & Technology, Human Resources, Funds & Asset Management, Sales & Marketing and Insurance.
If we currently don’t have a job listing that matches your skillset or interests, please upload your CV anyway as some of our openings are not openly advertised. Additionally we always have new roles coming online and by registering with us we can notify you as soon as a suitable position becomes available.