Salary €40,000 – 70,000
Job Location Dublin
Consultant Owen Thomas
Posted 21 April 2017
Management Consultancy – Public Sector Advisory – Consultant & Senior Consultant
Our client is a leading professional services firm seeking to make a number of hires into its growing management consultancy team.
Their work is a mixture of long-term change management advisory engagements and short-term (3 – 6 months) projects designed to address specific problems.
The projects are very broad-ranging, and include:
- Strategic and operational service reviews
- Governance and regulatory reform
- Financial and value for money reviews
- Health service configuration reviews
- Strategy development and business planning
- Policy and programme evaluation
- Implementation of public sector change
- ICT strategy development, systems specification, procurement and implementation
- Economic appraisal and business case preparation
- Organisational and HR reviews.
Role and Responsibilities of the Senior Consultant:
As a key member of the firm, your responsibility will include:
- undertaking consulting assignments “from the cradle to the grave”, ranging from fact-finding and interviewing, through problem analysis and solution development, to report-writing and presentation of findings/recommendations
- ensuring that expected deliverables (reports, presentations, training programmes etc) which you are asked to produce are developed to the client’s satisfaction, on time and on budget
- helping to develop and maintain client relationships
- working with project teams, external consultants and other resources as required
- client liaison and development of proposals/tenders
- contributing to the future development of the practice.
The role is not prescriptive, in that you will be encouraged to take on as much responsibility as you can handle comfortably, and to develop new ideas and products. Equally, your role may change from one project to the next, depending on the needs of the client and the nature of the assignment. Naturally, you will be expected to balance your workload effectively and to manage your time so that you meet key objectives in both project delivery and business development.
Other duties and responsibilities may be defined by senior management as required.
Person Specification for the Role of Senior Consultant:
For this role, you should meet the following criteria:
- Qualifications: Candidates should hold a degree from a recognised third-level institution, ideally in a discipline which demonstrates analytical ability or an affinity for business.
- Experience: Candidates must have a minimum of two years post-qualification experience, during which time you should have undertaken project-based work (e.g. advisory or consulting projects).
- Sectoral appreciation: Ideally, you should be able to demonstrate an understanding of, or experience in, the Irish public sector.
- Special Skills and Attributes: Candidates must have proactive communication skills and be capable of communicating, sharing and debating complex issues with clients. Candidates will have the personal attributes to create an atmosphere of approachability, receptivity and authority. Of great importance will be the ability to conceptualise how problems have arisen and how they may best be resolved in both the short-term and into the future, and to make the transition between short-term ‘fire fighting’ solutions and the development of more long-term strategic solutions. Excellent written skills are an essential component of the position.
- Mobility: As our clients are based across the island of Ireland, you must possess a valid, full driving licence and have access to your own vehicle.
Contact: Owen Thomas – othomas(@)lincoln.ie
About Lincoln Recruitment Specialists
Lincoln Recruitment Specialists are an industry leader in talent selection in the Irish market. We help candidate’s access high impact careers across our specialist areas: Accounting & Finance, Legal & Compliance, Banking & Financial Services, IT & Technology, Human Resources, Funds & Asset Management, Sales & Marketing and Insurance.
If we currently don’t have a job listing that matches your skillset or interests, please upload your CV anyway as some of our openings are not openly advertised. Additionally we always have new roles coming online and by registering with us we can notify you as soon as a suitable position becomes available.