Job Location Dublin
Consultant Donal Whelan
Posted 10 October 2017
An internationally renowned general insurance provider are recruiting for an Assistant Compliance Officer for their Dublin office. The main purpose of the Assistant Compliance Officer role will be to work with the Compliance team to meet group and regulatory requirements. This role is particularly suited to someone that is looking to join a Compliance function, enjoys a challenge, can work well on their own initiative and has very good attention to detail.
Key Responsibilities of the Assistant Compliance Officer:
- Responsibility for ensuring the business meets on-going requirements as part of Central Bank of Ireland authorisation
- Managing Fitness & Probity Requirements
- Work alongside HR on matters relating to CPD and other professional requirements and employees
- Co-ordinate and carry out Codes of Business Monitoring and compile reports on same
- AML/Anti-corruption procedures including client screening
- Conduct on-going file reviews and provide feedback to Management, together with suggestions/recommendations for improvement
- Provide compliance updates for quarterly board meetings
- Responsibility for maintaining agency agreements with third party brokers and underwriters in conjunction with Chief Broking Officer
- Compile and review procedures manuals with the various business units
- Data Protection requirements
- Provide advice to the business on regulatory and compliance issues
- Act as Secretary to Risk Review Group and Quality Review Committee
The successful applicant will be highly professional with a good understanding of financial services, ideally Insurance. You will have the ability to work with discretion under pressure and prioritise workloads. Experience in a Compliance function is desirable with previous exposure to the Consumer Protection Code and Minimum Competency Code required.
If you are a Compliance professional considering a move, please don't hesitate to contact Donal Whelan at Lincoln Recruitment Specialists. Our Compliance team recruit for Compliance roles across all levels of the Financial Services sector; Head of Compliance, Compliance Manager, Compliance Officer, Compliance Advisor, MLRO, AML Manager, AML Officer, Regulatory Analyst.
About Lincoln Recruitment Specialists
Lincoln Recruitment Specialists are an industry leader in talent selection in the Irish market. We help candidate’s access high impact careers across our specialist areas: Accounting & Finance, Legal & Compliance, Banking & Financial Services, IT & Technology, Human Resources, Funds & Asset Management, Sales & Marketing and Insurance.
If we currently don’t have a job listing that matches your skillset or interests, please upload your CV anyway as some of our openings are not openly advertised. Additionally we always have new roles coming online and by registering with us we can notify you as soon as a suitable position becomes available.