Job Location Kildare
Consultant Liam Irvine
Posted 01 August 2017
The IT Manager will have an extremely important role in the development of the business goals and will be required to exercise initiative, drive and enthusiasm in achieving these goals.
The activities would include:
- Lead the IT Operations and Infrastructure Unit to provide quality service in a timely manner and within budget
- Define and plan the IT function strategic direction for the business in accordance with company standards and policies.
- Design & implement the IT service model as a function of the company’s Quality Policy & Manual + apply for, achieve & mane compliance with relevant certifications
- Architect & execute the design, implementation & management of the GxP Cloud Platform
- Charged with identifying, and servicing new business opportunities as part of the overall company roadmap
- Ensure platforms are available 24 x 7 and internal and client SLAs are met
- Inspire and motivate the team to continually improve process, efficiency and service quality.
- Ensure compliance with relevant legal and compliance certifications & standards
- Take overall responsibility for Third Party Data Centre and other service provider relationships
- Manage the pipeline of work and agree priorities with key stakeholders
- Ensure all deliveries meet security and policy guidelines and standards.
- Execute Capacity planning and performance analysis
- Provide regular metrics to management to demonstrate performance of systems.
- Ensure adequate provision for DR and BCP
- Oversee change management within the unit.
- Provide regular and timely updates on projects and priorities to Senior Management.
- Call out and take proactive steps to manage issues which may impact delivery.
- Assist in responding to Requests for Information from clients
- Work closely with teams including Networks, Professional Services, IT Development, and Quality Assurance to ensure timely and quality delivery of technical solutions.
- Manage the budget of the unit
- Manage recruitment within the unit
A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Computer Information Systems, or a related field (or 10 years’ relevant experience).
- A minimum of 10 years IT Management experience preferably in the Life Sciences sector
- Project management qualification preferred but must have a history of managing multiple concurrent projects
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Detailed knowledge of regulatory guidance documents and standards
Skills & Knowledge:
The candidate must have:
- Strong team leadership, team building and coaching abilities
- Broad technical knowledge
- Solution driven with ability to execute quickly
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent presentation skills with ability to present to all levels
- Strong customer focus ethos
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to communicate in technical terms and non-technical to senior audiences
- Accuracy / Attention to Detail
- Manage and work in a Matrix Environment
- ITIL experience/certification
Contact: Liam Irvine – lirvine(@)lincoln.ie
About Lincoln Recruitment Specialists
Lincoln Recruitment Specialists are an industry leader in talent selection in the Irish market. We help candidate’s access high impact careers across our specialist areas: Accounting & Finance, Legal & Compliance, Banking & Financial Services, IT & Technology, Human Resources, Funds & Asset Management, Sales & Marketing and Insurance.
If we currently don’t have a job listing that matches your skillset or interests, please upload your CV anyway as some of our openings are not openly advertised. Additionally we always have new roles coming online and by registering with us we can notify you as soon as a suitable position becomes available.