Data Engineering Manager
Location: Dublin, City Centre
My client is looking to hire a Data Engineering Manager to support the design and development of a data environment. The successful candidate will be part of the Data Operations team and will lead a team of approximately 6-7 Data Engineers.
This position reports to the Head of Data Operations.
- Define and deliver a comprehensive data pipeline strategy and transformation roadmap to support stakeholder requirements
- Interface with key business stakeholders to understand and gather data integration requirements
- Actively contribute to solution architecture discussions and influence and adhere to best practice solutions
- Actively contribute to the logical/physical data model design discussions
- Ensure active maintenance of up to date documentation to enable clear outline of solutions
- 10+ years hands on experience in Data centric environments in the Data Integration/Data Warehousing/Business Intelligence space
- Experience in design, development and deployment of data warehouses or relational/analytical/multi-dimensional data marts
- Strong understanding of BI principles, architectures and cloud based BI solutions
- Manage Data Engineering backlogs and communicate updates to stakeholders and team members following the Agile Scrum methodology
- Manage and support the timely and efficient delivery of critical data integration deliverables
- Strong People Management experience including talent acquisition and colleague development in a high performing team environment.
- Providing effective management information across the full breadth of the Data Engineering activities.
What you will need:
- Excellent understanding of data management functions (collection, analysis, distribution, quality checking etc.).
- Experience with Cloud computing (AWS) and associated technology stack is a plus.
- An analytical mind-set with skills in problem-solving and commensurate ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, working under pressure and meeting tight deadlines.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, comfortable communicating with senior stakeholders and influencing same.
- Strong people management experience, be an engaging leader
- Experience working in agile environments using SCRUM or KANBAN.
- Full project lifecycle experience, from initial concept through to deployment and support.
- Experience of working in a large multinational and operating across a number of geographies would be a distinct advantage.
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent experience
- Post-graduate qualifications (in related disciplines) would be advantageous.
- Customer focused
- Excellent Communications skills (both oral and written)
- Handling multiple tasks simultaneously, working under pressure and meeting tight deadlines
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with key functional stakeholders and senior audiences
- A problem solver and focus on data issue remediation coupled with excellent attention to detail
- Good interpersonal skills and team player that can work independently and think creatively
- Able to demonstrate your track record of delivery of high quality analytics outputs
All applicants must be fully eligible to work in ROI or UK.
If you meet the requirements listed above, please send your CV to Liam Irvine today.