Job Location Dublin
Consultant Laura Murtagh
Posted 09 May 2018
Leading Financial Services company are currently recruiting for a new Data Protection Compliance Advisor to assist the Data Protection Officer (DPO) in facilitating compliance with the provisions of the GDPR.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
The primary role of the selected candidate, is to assist with the tasks assigned to the Data Protection domain. The selected candidate will also be required, from time to time, to assist in the completion of tasks assigned to other teams within the Compliance domain (Consumer Protection, Investor Protection and Ethics). These tasks include:
- Review on a periodic basis, the relevant compliance domains and business areas set out in the Compliance Monitoring Programme to establish compliance or otherwise with the various requirements.
- Monitor the introduction of a new or amended compliance obligations as set out in the relevant legislation, regulations and standards.
- Assess the impact of these and then initiate a process to make any required changes to practises, procedures and documentation.
- Provide advice and assistance on compliance issues, especially the interpretation of relevant legislation, regulations and standards.
- Coordinate and deliver any required Group wide education and training regarding the specified compliance domains and business areas.
- Coordinate the various registrations and returns which are required by the various compliance regimes.
- Undertake any required investigations into possible or suspected breaches of compliance regulations.
- Monitor on an overview basis the Compliance of the Group and report, as appropriate, any issues or risks.
The successful candidate will ideally have a compliance or legal qualification with 3+ years’ experience in Financial Services, preferably in a compliance role. Must have excellent communication, written and oral skills, along with a high level of self-motivation and the ability to work as part of a wider compliance team.
If you are a Compliance professional considering a move, please don't hesitate to contact Laura Murtagh at Lincoln Recruitment Specialists. Our Compliance team recruit for Compliance roles across all levels of the Financial Services sector; Head of Compliance, Compliance Manager, Compliance Officer, Compliance Advisor, MLRO, AML Manager, AML Officer, Regulatory Analyst.
About Lincoln Recruitment Specialists
Lincoln Recruitment Specialists are an industry leader in talent selection in the Irish market. We help candidate’s access high impact careers across our specialist areas: Accounting & Finance, Legal & Compliance, Banking & Financial Services, IT & Technology, Human Resources, Funds & Asset Management, Sales & Marketing and Insurance.
If we currently don’t have a job listing that matches your skillset or interests, please upload your CV anyway as some of our openings are not openly advertised. Additionally we always have new roles coming online and by registering with us we can notify you as soon as a suitable position becomes available.