Job Location Dublin
Consultant Donal Whelan
Posted 02 May 2018
A wholly owned Irish General Insurance provider are recruiting for a Senior Compliance Manager for their Dublin office. In consultation with the Head of Risk & Compliance, the Senior Compliance Manager will be seen as a trusted business partner by management and the Board, who offers technical insight, provides a balanced and informed level of constructive challenge and is driven to seek and develop compliance solutions that work for the business as a whole.
Key Responsibilities of the Senior Compliance Manager:
Compliance framework and operating structure
- Maintenance of a Compliance Framework including policies and procedures and the oversight monitoring and assurance programme
- Organise and manage the Compliance team ensuring the appropriate skillsets and behaviours are harnessed in an efficient and effective manner
- Continuous monitoring of the regulatory environment as well as the business strategy for impending obligations and changing requirements
- Maintenance of the company’s universe of compliance obligations and ensuring compliance via partnering with the applicable business units to ensure adequately addressed
Compliance monitoring and assurance
- Develop and implement a plan incorporating policies and procedures to effectively monitor the Company’s activities to ensure they are operating compliantly with both regulatory and legal obligations as well as internal policies and procedures
- Aligned to the integrated assurance framework undertake reviews focused on providing assurance over the satisfaction of compliance obligations across the business
- Actively participate in the strategic management of the company and contribute to strategic decisions for the business to ensure alignment with Compliance obligations
- Oversight and resolution of reported compliance incidents and complaints
- Report directly on a continuous basis to the Head of Risk and Compliance on all Compliance matters
- Ensure regulatory and governance submissions are complete, and comply with regulatory requirements where required and related to Compliance matters
- Report to the business on the impact of anticipated legislative and compliance related changes
- Report to and advise the Board and its sub-committees on all compliance issues and developments as required
- Escalate compliance matters to Management, Board and its sub-committees and Central Bank of Ireland as required.
- Liaison with all staff and third party administration to identify, document, and resolve regulatory issues
- Act as a role model promoting a robust, balanced and transparent compliance and risk culture
- Ensure there is a strong level of awareness, at board and management level, of the universe of compliance obligations
- Develop and deliver compliance training to employees and Outsourced Service Providers (OSPs) and stakeholders if required
- Actively contribute to the Risk and Compliance Champions Forum and the Integrated Assurance Forum
- Manage the relationship with regulatory authorities, most notably the Central Bank of Ireland
- Provision of advice and support with respect to queries received from across the business
The Senior Compliance Manager will have a relevant professional / 3rd level qualification with a proven track record in a leadership role. You will also have strong knowledge of regulatory and operational requirements including Consumer Protection Code, GDPR, Fitness and Probity, Minimum Competency and Corporate Governance requirements.
If you are a Compliance professional considering a move, please don't hesitate to contact Donal Whelan at Lincoln Recruitment Specialists. Our Compliance team recruit for Compliance roles across all levels of the Financial Services sector; Head of Compliance, Compliance Manager, Compliance Officer, Compliance Advisor, MLRO, AML Manager, AML Officer, Regulatory Analyst.
About Lincoln Recruitment Specialists
Lincoln Recruitment Specialists are an industry leader in talent selection in the Irish market. We help candidate’s access high impact careers across our specialist areas: Accounting & Finance, Legal & Compliance, Banking & Financial Services, IT & Technology, Human Resources, Funds & Asset Management, Sales & Marketing and Insurance.
If we currently don’t have a job listing that matches your skillset or interests, please upload your CV anyway as some of our openings are not openly advertised. Additionally we always have new roles coming online and by registering with us we can notify you as soon as a suitable position becomes available.