A wholly owned Irish General Insurance provider are recruiting for a Senior Compliance Manager for their Dublin office. In consultation with the Head of Risk & Compliance, the Senior Compliance Manager will be seen as a trusted business partner by management and the Board, who offers technical insight, provides a balanced and informed level of constructive challenge and is driven to seek and develop compliance solutions that work for the business as a whole.
Key Responsibilities of the Senior Compliance Manager:
Compliance framework and operating structure
- Maintenance of a Compliance Framework including policies and procedures and the oversight monitoring and assurance programme
- Organise and manage the Compliance team ensuring the appropriate skillsets and behaviours are harnessed in an efficient and effective manner
- Continuous monitoring of the regulatory environment as well as the business strategy for impending obligations and changing requirements
- Maintenance of the company’s universe of compliance obligations and ensuring compliance via partnering with the applicable business units to ensure adequately addressed
Compliance monitoring and assurance
- Develop and implement a plan incorporating policies and procedures to effectively monitor the Company’s activities to ensure they are operating compliantly with both regulatory and legal obligations as well as internal policies and procedures
- Aligned to the integrated assurance framework undertake reviews focused on providing assurance over the satisfaction of compliance obligations across the business
- Actively participate in the strategic management of the company and contribute to strategic decisions for the business to ensure alignment with Compliance obligations
- Oversight and resolution of reported compliance incidents and complaints
- Report directly on a continuous basis to the Head of Risk and Compliance on all Compliance matters
- Ensure regulatory and governance submissions are complete, and comply with regulatory requirements where required and related to Compliance matters
- Report to the business on the impact of anticipated legislative and compliance related changes
- Report to and advise the Board and its sub-committees on all compliance issues and developments as required
- Escalate compliance matters to Management, Board and its sub-committees and Central Bank of Ireland as required.
- Liaison with all staff and third party administration to identify, document, and resolve regulatory issues
- Act as a role model promoting a robust, balanced and transparent compliance and risk culture
- Ensure there is a strong level of awareness, at board and management level, of the universe of compliance obligations
- Develop and deliver compliance training to employees and Outsourced Service Providers (OSPs) and stakeholders if required
- Actively contribute to the Risk and Compliance Champions Forum and the Integrated Assurance Forum
- Manage the relationship with regulatory authorities, most notably the Central Bank of Ireland
- Provision of advice and support with respect to queries received from across the business
The Senior Compliance Manager will have a relevant professional / 3rd level qualification with a proven track record in a leadership role. You will also have strong knowledge of regulatory and operational requirements including Consumer Protection Code, GDPR, Fitness and Probity, Minimum Competency and Corporate Governance requirements.
If you are a Compliance professional considering a move, please don't hesitate to contact Donal Whelan at Lincoln Recruitment Specialists. Our Compliance team recruit for Compliance roles across all levels of the Financial Services sector; Head of Compliance, Compliance Manager, Compliance Officer, Compliance Advisor, MLRO, AML Manager, AML Officer, Regulatory Analyst.