Salary €90,000 - 100,000/annum
Job Location Dublin
Consultant Donal Whelan
Posted 06 April 2018
The Irish entity of an international Life Assurance group are recruiting for a Financial Crime Manager. Reporting directly to the Head of Compliance and with a dotted line to the Board, the Head of Financial Crime will be responsible for providing technical expertise to senior management to manage their relevant regulatory and legal obligations.
Key Responsibilities of the Financial Crime Manager:
- Analysis and interpretation of the local legislation and regulations concerning anti-money laundering, counter terrorism financing, international sanctions, anti-bribery & corruption and FATCA/CRS issuing - when needed - advice and in addition monitoring the adequacy of processes, procedures and internal regulations;
- Driving organizational change necessary to manage AML remediation projects and improvements to existing processes;
- Promoting initiatives for improving anti-money laundering, counter terrorism financing, international sanctions, anti-bribery & corruption and FATCA/ CRS regulations processes and instruments and producing information flows;
- Mitigating the risks of money laundering, terrorist financing and violating embargo measures through the definition, implementation and execution of second level controls;
- Analysis of the suspicious transactions reported by the involved structures and reporting to the Gardai and Revenue (she/he will also be appointed as the MLRO).
- Driving training initiatives to strengthen the company’s efforts in respect if AML, CTF, CRS and Financial Crime and Data Protection
The Financial Crime Manager will have proven experience in managing projects or initiatives to improve or remediate Financial Crime issues that have been identified or agreed within a Financial Services Firm (e.g. Bank/Insurance/Investments business). You will also be capable of reporting to the Risk Committee, Audit committee and Board in respect of Financial Crime matters and have strong team management skills. A further requirement is the ability to understand and interpret regulations, regulatory guidance and apply such in a practical manner in an operational environment.
If you are a Compliance professional considering a move, please don't hesitate to contact Donal Whelan at Lincoln Recruitment Specialists. Our Compliance team recruit for Compliance roles across all levels of the Financial Services sector; Head of Compliance, Compliance Manager, Compliance Officer, Compliance Advisor, MLRO, AML Manager, AML Officer, Regulatory Analyst.
About Lincoln Recruitment Specialists
Lincoln Recruitment Specialists are an industry leader in talent selection in the Irish market. We help candidate’s access high impact careers across our specialist areas: Accounting & Finance, Legal & Compliance, Banking & Financial Services, IT & Technology, Human Resources, Funds & Asset Management, Sales & Marketing and Insurance.
If we currently don’t have a job listing that matches your skillset or interests, please upload your CV anyway as some of our openings are not openly advertised. Additionally we always have new roles coming online and by registering with us we can notify you as soon as a suitable position becomes available.