Job Location Dublin
Consultant Donal Whelan
Posted 05 February 2018
A leading cross border Life Insurance firm are recruiting for a Compliance Manager for their Dublin office. The Compliance Manager will support the Head of Compliance to deliver the annual Compliance Plan and implement key regulatory projects (e.g. General Data Protection Regulation; Insurance Distribution Directive) while also acting as a business partner to help the Company achieve key strategic objectives.
Key Responsibilities of the Compliance Manager:
- To keep abreast of regulatory changes and update the compliance universe of legislative and regulatory requirements applicable to the Company.
- To draft the annual compliance plan, based on risk analysis, which addresses both ongoing compliance risks in the business and new regulatory developments for approval by the Head of Compliance and Board of Directors.
- To carry out compliance related monitoring, prepare reports with findings and agree action plans with the management team.
- To maintain logs of issues that give rise to breaches of compliance and / or control failings noting the remediation actions with ongoing monitoring until the risk to the Company is mitigated to an acceptable level.
- To strongly contribute to the identification, development and coordination of the establishment and maintenance of appropriate company policies, procedures and systems required to comply with applicable legislative and regulatory provisions and manage the Company’s risks.
- To act as the main point of contact, with the Head of Compliance, for assessing ongoing compliance and provide support on business initiatives to various functions within the Company.
- To act as Deputy Money Laundering Reporting Officer by supporting the Money Laundering Reporting Officer in the implementation and the maintenance of the AML-CTF framework.
- To assist in the maintenance of appropriate records and coordinate the production and submission of required regulatory reports, notifications and approval requests in a timely manner.
- To take a lead role in the development and roll out of the compliance training and awareness plan to ensure Company staff has sufficient training and support to enable them to fully discharge their responsibilities in a compliant manner.
- As directed, act as the main point of contact for the Compliance function in key operational committees, special projects and working parties on compliance matters.
The Compliance Manager will have proven experience in a compliance / AML-CTF / audit environment with an ability to develop and manage multiple internal and external stakeholders.
If you are a Compliance professional considering a move, please don't hesitate to contact Donal Whelan at Lincoln Recruitment Specialists. Our Compliance team recruit for Compliance roles across all levels of the Financial Services sector; Head of Compliance, Compliance Manager, Compliance Officer, Compliance Advisor, MLRO, AML Manager, AML Officer, Regulatory Analyst.
About Lincoln Recruitment Specialists
Lincoln Recruitment Specialists are an industry leader in talent selection in the Irish market. We help candidate’s access high impact careers across our specialist areas: Accounting & Finance, Legal & Compliance, Banking & Financial Services, IT & Technology, Human Resources, Funds & Asset Management, Sales & Marketing and Insurance.
If we currently don’t have a job listing that matches your skillset or interests, please upload your CV anyway as some of our openings are not openly advertised. Additionally we always have new roles coming online and by registering with us we can notify you as soon as a suitable position becomes available.