Job Location Dublin
Consultant Donal Whelan
Posted 26 January 2018
An international corporate banking institution are recruiting for a Financial Crime Manager for their Dublin office. The Financial Crime Manager will support the Money Laundering Reporting Officer (MLRO) and assist with the management of the Financial Crimes Risk Management function across the Bank. The Financial Crime Manager will be the Subject Matter Expert covering AML/CFT and Financial Sanctions Legislation and Regulations associated with relevant Lines of Business across the firms Financial Crime program.
Key Responsibilities of the Financial Crime Manager:
- Provide SME assistance on projects within the AML and Financial Crimes Risk Management function.
- Maintain an up-to-date and informed understanding of relevant legislation and regulations and their impact on the Bank.
- Assist the MLRO in contributing to EMEA-wide procedures to describe controls and processes required to meet legal and regulatory money laundering obligations within Ireland and the EU.
- Establish and maintain appropriate follow-up, escalation and management reporting processes.
- Development and review of Risk Assessments for the Bank.
- Assist the MLRO in the discovery, investigation and onward reporting of unusual or potentially suspicious activity with relevant authorities.
- Liaise with various support departments including Compliance, Risk, Operations and Legal as necessary regarding AML/CTF and other regulatory requirements.
- Manage key stakeholders to determine the need for team member training in connection with regulatory sources/internal policies, proactive sharing.
- Identification of financial crime risks within the Banks compliance risk management system.
The Financial Crime Manager will have proven AML/CFT and Financial Sanctions experience with strong knowledge of the Criminal Justice Act (Money Laundering & Terrorist Financing) Act 2010 & 2013 alongside supporting guidelines and industry standards expected. Project Management experience would be an advantage and LCOI credentials required, ICA or ACAMS welcome.
If you are a Compliance professional considering a move, please don't hesitate to contact Donal Whelan at Lincoln Recruitment Specialists. Our Compliance team recruit for Compliance roles across all levels of the Financial Services sector; Head of Compliance, Compliance Manager, Compliance Officer, Compliance Advisor, MLRO, AML Manager, AML Officer, Regulatory Analyst.
About Lincoln Recruitment Specialists
Lincoln Recruitment Specialists are an industry leader in talent selection in the Irish market. We help candidate’s access high impact careers across our specialist areas: Accounting & Finance, Legal & Compliance, Banking & Financial Services, IT & Technology, Human Resources, Funds & Asset Management, Sales & Marketing and Insurance.
If we currently don’t have a job listing that matches your skillset or interests, please upload your CV anyway as some of our openings are not openly advertised. Additionally we always have new roles coming online and by registering with us we can notify you as soon as a suitable position becomes available.