Job Location Dublin
Consultant Donal Whelan
Posted 10 January 2018
A multinational Financial Service firm who operate in the Investment Management sector are recruiting for a Chief Risk Officer (CRO) for their Dublin office. The Chief Risk Officer (CRO) will be responsible for ensuring that the risk management framework, policies and processes are embedded across the Irish business. The Chief Risk Officer (CRO) will also be tasked with ensuring that these are fit for purpose and efficient, whilst providing appropriate independent advice, oversight and challenge to strategy and all material decisions to ensure risk v reward trade off and customer outcomes are appropriate.
Key Responsibilities of the Chief Risk Officer:
- Ensure that the risk appetite for the Irish entity is appropriately defined for all risk types with sufficient granularity to enable understanding and embedding; defining policies and strategies for managing risk; ensuring economic capital and other risk metrics are embedded into decision making and business planning
- Be responsible for the ongoing development, integrity and embedding of an appropriate risk framework (processes, policies, procedures and supporting systems) across the business, ensuring consistent application of risk management and internal control practices to divisional and Group standards
- Maintenance of an appropriate risk governance structure to ensure effective risk oversight. Ensure that all material risks (including prudential, operational and conduct) across the business have been identified, are measured (where applicable), have been communicated and have effective risk management strategies in place
- Maintenance of an effective operational risk framework (including risk maps, control breaches, control weaknesses, key risk indicators) and proactive operational risk function that will advise and influence process change, and will consider impact on risk and capital requirements.
- Ensure that investment funds, mandates and other offerings are managed within an effective risk framework, consistent with their objectives including the provision of independent investment risk oversight (measurement, management and reporting)
- Lead, motivate and develop the team to maximise their potential, their professional knowledge and their contribution to the business. Manage the agreement of and adherence to the annual budget for the team
The Chief Risk Officer will have deep investment management expertise with an understanding of investment management techniques, regulation and processes, especially with regard to risk management, compliance and performance reporting. You will also have the capability of providing independent, informed, timely and objective challenges to the Senior Leadership team in relation to strategy, and on management of key risks, and ensuring their business activities are within the risk appetite set down by the Board.
If you are a Risk or Compliance professional considering a move, please don't hesitate to contact Donal Whelan at Lincoln Recruitment Specialists. Our Risk & Compliance team recruit for Compliance & Risk roles across all levels of the Financial Services sector; CCO, Head of Compliance, CRO, Head of Risk, Compliance Manager, Risk Manager, Compliance Officer, Risk Officer, Compliance Advisor, Operational Risk Specialist, MLRO, AML Manager, AML Officer, Regulatory Analyst.
About Lincoln Recruitment Specialists
Lincoln Recruitment Specialists are an industry leader in talent selection in the Irish market. We help candidate’s access high impact careers across our specialist areas: Accounting & Finance, Legal & Compliance, Banking & Financial Services, IT & Technology, Human Resources, Funds & Asset Management, Sales & Marketing and Insurance.
If we currently don’t have a job listing that matches your skillset or interests, please upload your CV anyway as some of our openings are not openly advertised. Additionally we always have new roles coming online and by registering with us we can notify you as soon as a suitable position becomes available.