Job Location Dublin
Consultant Donal Whelan
Posted 09 November 2017
A growing international Banking institution are recruiting for a Head of Compliance & Risk for their Dublin office. The Head of Compliance & Risk will report directly to the Board of Directors and will be responsible for leading the company’s Compliance and Risk Framework and for delivering the Company’s Compliance Plan in an effective and timely manner.
Key Responsibilities of the Head of Compliance & Risk:
- Key interface for the Central Bank of Ireland (CBI) and other regulatory bodies as appropriate. This includes ownership of regulatory queries, regulatory inspections, as well as internal or client audits as the relate to compliance matters
- Appointed Money Laundering Reporting Officer for the company. This includes ensuring appropriate procedures, training and controls are in place
- Implementing and managing the Company’s compliance strategy
- Monitoring operational compliance and ensuring employees remain aware of their corporate and personal regulatory obligations
- Identify, assess and respond to regulatory risk and developments affecting the Company
- Agree recommendations with Group Legal Counsel and local Management with regard to regulatory compliance
- Influence and contribute to overall Group compliance strategy and potential support to non UK/Ireland markets
- Oversee the introduction of the new GDPR regulatory environment
- Ensuring the Company meets its obligations in relation to its operational corporate governance, including consumer credit, data protection, financial crime, anti-bribery
- Managing and monitoring compliance and conduct risk
- Maintain and communicate effective compliance policies and procedures to the business
You will have the ability to lead the Compliance Department in the identification, assessment and management of Regulatory and Compliance risks, provide expert advice to Regulatory and Business projects, and to support the senior management team and the Board of Directors in an evolving and dynamic business and regulatory environment will be integral to this role. The successful applicant will sit as part of the Senior Management team and, therefore, will require deep knowledge and experience of Financial regulation.
If you are a Compliance professional considering a move, please don't hesitate to contact Donal Whelan at Lincoln Recruitment Specialists. Our Compliance team recruit for Compliance roles across all levels of the Financial Services sector; Head of Compliance, Compliance Manager, Compliance Officer, Compliance Advisor, MLRO, AML Manager, AML Officer, Regulatory Analyst.
About Lincoln Recruitment Specialists
Lincoln Recruitment Specialists are an industry leader in talent selection in the Irish market. We help candidate’s access high impact careers across our specialist areas: Accounting & Finance, Legal & Compliance, Banking & Financial Services, IT & Technology, Human Resources, Funds & Asset Management, Sales & Marketing and Insurance.
If we currently don’t have a job listing that matches your skillset or interests, please upload your CV anyway as some of our openings are not openly advertised. Additionally we always have new roles coming online and by registering with us we can notify you as soon as a suitable position becomes available.