Job Location Dublin
Consultant Donal Whelan
Posted 03 November 2017
An internationally renowned Banking institution are recruiting for a Risk Manager for their Dublin office. The Risk Manager will be responsible for the development and continued enhancement of a Risk Appetite Framework commensurate with the size, nature and complexity of the Bank. You will also lead the annual review, analysis, monitoring and reporting of the Board-approved Risk Appetite Statement, whilst also ensuring that the Risk Assessment process is robust and embedded in the organisation.
Key Responsibilities of the Risk Manager:
- Responsible for the development and continued enhancement of a Risk Appetite Framework commensurate with the size, nature and complexity of the Bank.
- Lead the annual review, analysis, monitoring and reporting of the Board-approved Risk Appetite Statement. Lead cross functional project on the RAS (internal and external stakeholders) to ensure the bank’s Risk Appetite meets all local regulations, is in line with best practice and is supported by a comprehensive suite of Key Risk Indicators.
- Present the Board approved Risk Appetite Statement to Senior Management and Board Committees.
- Manage the annual Risk Assessment process. Ensure risk assessment process is robust and embedded in the organisation. Engage with the Senior Management to ensure key governance documents e.g. RAS, Strategy and ICAAP are aligned.
- Lead project to enhance Board level risk dashboard reporting across the key risk types.
- Influence Risk Owners and Senior Management to ensure reporting to Risk Committee and Board is robust, effective and facilitates informed decision making.
- Responsible for production of quarterly Risk Appetite and Risk Assessment reporting and presenting of same to Risk Committee and Board.
- Support the CRO in the preparation of the quarterly “CRO Report” to Risk Committee and Board to provide an overarching view of risks in the Bank.
- Manage inventory of Risk policies. Ensure policies adhere to group policies whilst also meeting local requirements.
- Responsible for the remediation of any Risk Operations audit findings (internal and external) in respect of the Risk Appetite Statement, Material Risk Assessment Process and reporting to Risk Committee and Board.
The Risk Manager will have experience in designing, implementing & maintaining highly efficient processes. You will also have the ability to operate comfortably on a small team, but within a large, multicultural organization.
If you are a Risk or Compliance professional considering a move, please don't hesitate to contact Donal Whelan at Lincoln Recruitment Specialists.
Our Risk & Compliance team recruit for Compliance roles across all levels of the Financial Services sector; CCO, Head of Compliance, CRO, Head of Risk, Compliance Manager, Risk Manager, Compliance Officer, Risk Officer, Compliance Advisor, Operational Risk Specialist, MLRO, AML Manager, AML Officer, Regulatory Analyst.
About Lincoln Recruitment Specialists
Lincoln Recruitment Specialists are an industry leader in talent selection in the Irish market. We help candidate’s access high impact careers across our specialist areas: Accounting & Finance, Legal & Compliance, Banking & Financial Services, IT & Technology, Human Resources, Funds & Asset Management, Sales & Marketing and Insurance.
If we currently don’t have a job listing that matches your skillset or interests, please upload your CV anyway as some of our openings are not openly advertised. Additionally we always have new roles coming online and by registering with us we can notify you as soon as a suitable position becomes available.