Salary €85,000 – 95,000 + benefits
Job Location Dublin
Consultant Donal Whelan
Posted 22 November 2017
Data Protection Officer
Salary: €85,000 – 95,000 + benefits
Lincoln is exclusively partnered with a well-established FS client currently seeing a Data Protection Officer.
The Data Protection Officer, will in accordance with the EUs General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), be responsible for monitoring compliance with the GDPR and other European and national data protection laws and policies. The DPO reports to the Chief Risk Officer and works with the Legal and Compliance teams, as well as with local authorities to provide updates on compliance with data protection and privacy laws.
- Act as a point of contact for internal employees and customers, with respect to how the co. processes personal data and supports the right of the data subject
- Be the first point of contact for a data subject who wishes to make a formal complaint to the co in relation to their rights and freedoms of the data subject
- Act as an advocate for data protection and privacy within the co., by providing inputs to internal training courses and building awareness around the bank
- Act as the point of contact for the Data Protection Commissioner on all data protection issues and monitor responses to requests
- Provide advice on the completion of data privacy impact assessment and review completed assessments to identify challenges and improvements
- Monitor compliance with data protection and privacy laws, including implementation of the co. privacy and data protection policies, internal audits and other relevant data protection activities
- Consulting and building strong relationships with relevant data protection authorities
- Assist and advise towards business decisions that pose data protection implications including ensuring decisions regarding products and services are designed with data protection and privacy in mind
- Assist and advise in the build and enhancement to policies, procedures, standards, procedures, guidelines, best practices, templates and checklists to enable the co. to meet data protection obligations and ensure consistency across the bank
- Prepare and communicate data protection compliance, breaches and other relevant updates to senior management and the Data Protection Commissioner
- Assist and advice in the periodic revision of data protection materials to reflect changes in laws, regulatory or company policy and standards
- Ensure timely adoption and execution of all GDPR and data privacy compliance requirements
Experience and qualification requirements:
- At least 7 years of Data Protection and Privacy experience or actual experience as a DPO within the banking or financial services industry
- Detailed knowledge of European data protection and privacy practices and the regulatory and legislative frameworks, including GDPR and the practicalities of implementation
- Experience and proven record in engaging with Data Protection Authorities
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work with and across multiple teams throughout an the organisation, with the ability to maintain independent
- Strong leadership and relationship management skills, with the ability to influence at all levels
- Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP) Certification is a plus
About Lincoln Recruitment Specialists
Lincoln Recruitment Specialists are an industry leader in talent selection in the Irish market. We help candidate’s access high impact careers across our specialist areas: Accounting & Finance, Legal & Compliance, Banking & Financial Services, IT & Technology, Human Resources, Funds & Asset Management, Sales & Marketing and Insurance.
If we currently don’t have a job listing that matches your skillset or interests, please upload your CV anyway as some of our openings are not openly advertised. Additionally we always have new roles coming online and by registering with us we can notify you as soon as a suitable position becomes available.