Job Location North Dublin
Consultant Concepta Cadogan
Ref FC Jan 2018
Posted 11 January 2018
Senior Financial Accountant / Financial Controller required for a client in Dublin 15
This role will suit an experience accountant seeking to progress their career and move into a financial controller role. Ideally you will be a qualified accountant with 3 years plus experience, ideally working in construction or facilities management that wants to work in an innovative organisation that is growing and looking to expand further.
- Deliver monthly management accounts including inciteful commentary, trading and project level analysis, overhead analysis and short and long term cash flow analysis.
- Working closely with Commercial and Operations colleagues, develop and manage ongoing project review analysis to be able to highlight as early as possible any issues with or variances from programme which could have a financial impact on the business. Ensure risks, opportunities, and contingencies are fully reported.
- Build and develop models to predict and track project financial performance including cash flow movement and profitability and to track the delivery of planned procurement benefits.
- Supervise the Credit Controller ensuring duties/tasks are fully explained and understood and carried out in accordance with required standards and timelines. Ensure there is adequate cover for all key duties in the event of absence.
- Deliver statutory reporting, audit and tax reporting requirements. Ensure books of account are properly maintained and that all key reconciliations are carried out on a timely basis.
- Stay up to date with relevant accounting, regulatory and other developments that impact the Group and be able to advise colleagues on same.
- Provide financial control and support for procurement functions including, where appropriate, financial business cases to support project or business buying decisions.
- Assist with annual budget and forecast preparation for Trading; Balance Sheet and Cashflow. Ensure robust analysis is in place to support any approval requests for overhead spend that is outside of budget.
- Identify opportunities to strengthen financial systems and controls.
- Undertake ad-hoc projects to implement new systems, processes and controls in accordance with project plans and timelines.
- Build and maintain a network of relationships with external business and industry contacts to support the delivery of role requirements.
- The ideal candidate will be a qualified accountant with 3+ year’s relevant experience, including construction Industry.
- Strong technical accounting skills, and commercial acumen
- Organised and adaptable, as the Financial Controller, you must have excellent attention to detail. You must also have a deadline-oriented approach, a strategic mindset and the ability to motivate and mentor others.
- Very strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Self-motivated, dedicated to getting the job done
About Lincoln Recruitment Specialists
Lincoln Recruitment Specialists are an industry leader in talent selection in the Irish market. We help candidate’s access high impact careers across our specialist areas: Accounting & Finance, Legal & Compliance, Banking & Financial Services, IT & Technology, Human Resources, Funds & Asset Management, Sales & Marketing and Insurance.
If we currently don’t have a job listing that matches your skillset or interests, please upload your CV anyway as some of our openings are not openly advertised. Additionally we always have new roles coming online and by registering with us we can notify you as soon as a suitable position becomes available.