Job Location Dublin
Consultant Cliona Lyons
Posted 19 June 2017
Credit Underwriting Officer
Location: Dublin City Centre
Our client, an international Financial Services provider are seeking a Credit Underwriting Officers to join their new and growing team.
The successful candidate will have responsibility for underwriting consumer loans, liaising with the credit management team, discussing account strategies and making informed observations to reduce or mitigate against risk exposure.
- Analyse financial statements to independently determine the financial condition of customers and make informed recommendations on whether to increase, decrease or maintain existing credit lines.
- Be capable of independently managing credit limits of a portfolio of key customers and have the ability to pro-actively resolve any issues that may arise.
- Ability to analyse and process credit security information, including making recommendation for renewal/replacement of appropriate security requirements
- Manage and maintain internal and external client relationships
- Identify account problems and escalate/resolve issues in a timely manner
- Close co-operation with other teams (Collections and Operations) is essential
- Provide weekly and monthly reports for review by senior management
- Adhere to, review and where appropriate make suggestions to improve credit policy and procedures
- Perform any ad-hoc requests as deemed appropriate by our client.
- Degree in Business or Finance or related discipline
- APA Qualified preferred
- At least 2+ years relevant credit assessment experience preferred
- Excellent analytical skills together with an ability to think laterally and strategically
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills and ability to work on own initiative
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Strong technical report writing skills
- A self-starter with the ability to adapt quickly to system/process changes whilst maintaining focus on key service level deliverables
Interested applicants should contact Clíona Lyons for a confidential discussion on 01 6610444 or email clyons(@)lincoln.ie
About Lincoln Recruitment Specialists
Lincoln Recruitment Specialists are an industry leader in talent selection in the Irish market. We help candidate’s access high impact careers across our specialist areas: Accounting & Finance, Legal & Compliance, Banking & Financial Services, IT & Technology, Human Resources, Funds & Asset Management, Sales & Marketing and Insurance.
If we currently don’t have a job listing that matches your skillset or interests, please upload your CV anyway as some of our openings are not openly advertised. Additionally we always have new roles coming online and by registering with us we can notify you as soon as a suitable position becomes available.