Salary €25,000 - 35,000/Annum
Job Location South Dublin
Consultant Concepta Cadogan
Ref CC AP June
Posted 15 June 2017
Accounts Payable Associate for an initial fixed term contract for six months
Working as part of a busy AP team you will ideally have 3 years plus in an AP role and have worked in a high volume invoice processing environment.
Reporting to the AP Manager duties will include:
- Invoice processing & data entry ensuring that invoices are input accurately for GL, VAT and cost centre reporting
- Handling supplier queries
- Reconciliations of creditor balances to 3rd party statements
- Full compliance with AP controls (e.g. for supplier account management or payment runs
- Processing for AP prepayment accounts, including matching prepayments against invoices
- Assisting AP Supervisor with processing of weekly Direct Debit postings taken from the Treasury Control Sheet
- Communication with all departments and internal customers on invoices awaiting approval or under query
- Administrative tasks, including sorting, distribution and scanning of incoming mail; preparation of payment remittance advices; filing and data management
- Investigating and resolving old creditor balances to ensure that all creditor balances remain within agreed credit terms
- Helping to achieve discipline in business in adhering to scheduled pay runs and minimising the use of ad hoc, urgent payments
- Building and maintaining strong, positive and collaborative relationships with suppliers, customers ensuring that service delivered to them is consistently of a high quality
- Working closely with Procurement department, suppliers and customers to ensure that the P2P process is operating at an optimal level
- Supporting the standardisation and improvement of processes, procedures, controls and systems
- This may include automation of processes and activity where there is a business case for doing so
- Any other associated ad-hoc duties as assigned
Education & Experience
- 3+ years’ experience working in a high invoice volume AP function
- Strong financial systems experience. Experience of Oracle AP an advantage.
- Strong MS Office knowledge, including Intermediate-level Excel (e.g. pivot tables and formulae)
About Lincoln Recruitment Specialists
Lincoln Recruitment Specialists are an industry leader in talent selection in the Irish market. We help candidate’s access high impact careers across our specialist areas: Accounting & Finance, Legal & Compliance, Banking & Financial Services, IT & Technology, Human Resources, Funds & Asset Management, Sales & Marketing and Insurance.
If we currently don’t have a job listing that matches your skillset or interests, please upload your CV anyway as some of our openings are not openly advertised. Additionally we always have new roles coming online and by registering with us we can notify you as soon as a suitable position becomes available.