Job Location Dublin
Consultant Michael Costello
Posted 21 June 2017
Governance & Policy Manager
Our client, a leading financial institution are looking for an experienced professional to lead the governance & policy function both internally and externally.
The ongoing development and management of the governance, reporting and policy framework for the Bank, including:
- Manage the Bank’s policy framework incorporating regulatory, legislative and other business requirements taking into account the ethical values of the business.
- Ensuring that Group policies are implemented across Europe as applicable.
- Engage successfully with staff of all levels, creating and delivery training and ensuring a high level of awareness and consistent use of policy and process is adhered to throughout the Bank.
- Identify, develop, implement and monitor risk governance practices for the Bank and ensure that they meet and are aligned with the firms requirements and meet the standards for all applicable internal and regulatory guidelines.
- Monitor adherence to the activities associated with the Risk Governance documents to assure compliance
- Work in tandem with other risk owners to develop a set of Key Risk and Early Warning Indicators. Tracking these metrics on a regular basis and reviewing their use and effectiveness.
- Drive the continued development of the Bank's Risk Appetite Framework, and reporting of risk profile against risk appetite on an ongoing basis.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and expertise:
- Comprehensive knowledge of, and experience with, risk management frameworks in a highly regulated environment.
- Significant levels of change management experience at a management level.
- Highly motivated leader with an exceptional delivery record in designing and implementing a detailed strategic approach and plan.
- Comprehensive understanding of the prevailing regulatory environment; technical knowledge of regulation and legislation.
- Strategic self-starter with proven ability to understand and see the bigger picture.
- Proven stakeholder management skills with an ability to check, challenge and decision in a positive and engaging way.
- Third level academic qualification, ideally in a Risk, Compliance, Audit, Business or Finance discipline and / or significant relevant industry experience.
- Experience in providing intellectual rigour to risk strategy, the development of practical solutions and decision making.
- Resilience and results focussed in challenging environments.
- Ability to drive change and understand the challenges and risks of the business.
Salary is highly competitive, please call for exact details and full disclosure of role.
Interested candidates should contact Michael Costello on 01-6610444 or email email@example.com
About Lincoln Recruitment Specialists
Lincoln Recruitment Specialists are an industry leader in talent selection in the Irish market. We help candidate’s access high impact careers across our specialist areas: Accounting & Finance, Legal & Compliance, Banking & Financial Services, IT & Technology, Human Resources, Funds & Asset Management, Sales & Marketing and Insurance.
If we currently don’t have a job listing that matches your skillset or interests, please upload your CV anyway as some of our openings are not openly advertised. Additionally we always have new roles coming online and by registering with us we can notify you as soon as a suitable position becomes available.